How did it start?
Osric has been collecting vinyl records since the late 70’s and DJs from an expansive repertoire of music. His love of music is synonymous with a passion for vinyl that harks back to his early school days. Hiphop was in its infancy and CD’s didn’t exist! His musical influence and background stems from early Hiphop (70’s, early 80’s) and soul/disco. Nowadays Osric’s tastes have grown to include soul funk, break beat, jazz, electronic, house, drum & bass, world, chillout, latin music and more!
Here and Now
Here and Now Osric can be heard DJ’ing across a variety of venues and events in Perth including
- Black and Blue Show on RTR FM on a Friday night from 9pm – 11pm (subject to the show schedule)
- Hawkers Twilight Market at Forrest Chase, Perth (subject to bookings)
- Soulnation – Astor Theatre (every month)
Music played, style & experience
Jazz (big band, contemporary, smooth, traditional), Funk (soul, jazz, latin), Hiphop, Chillout/Lounge, Caribbean (Soca, Dancehalll, Reggaeton, Reggae, Calypso), World, House (Soulful, Deep, Minimal, Progressive).
Some of the clubs/bars DJ’d:
The RAC Club – Piccadilly, BBB – Notting Hill, Market Bar – Portebello Road, Queens Tennis Club – Barons Court, Smollensky’s Bar & Grill – The Strand, The White House – Clapham (opened for MJ Cole), Jam – Shoreditch, Dollar Bar – Clerkenwell, The Corner Store – Covent Garden, Bar Latino – Croydon, Southwark Rooms – Southwark Bridge, Gable – Moorgate, Thirst Bar – Soho, The Waterfront – Wandsworth, Hawkers Market – Forrest Chase, Astor Theatre – Mount Lawley, Perth Cultural Centre
Osric has a full DJ setup that can be adapted for different occasions and venues.
The simple setup uses a Digital DJ setup comprising of a laptop, soundcard and Traktor. This is ideal for venues that are limited for space or would prefer a discreet DJ presence as this setup takes up no more room than a broadsheet newspaper!
For a more complete offering he can also incorporate an external mixer, 2 x turntables, professional powered DJ monitor speakers, professional club speakers and an amplifier. With over a 1000watts of power this setup can be used for larger performance venues such as clubs, bars, church halls, auditoriums, festivals and other outdoor events
- Warm up and post-concert DJ sets for Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings – Astor Theatre, Perth, August 2014
- DJ’d for the official West Indies Cricket team reception at the Perth Cultural Centre
- Windies Cricket match after party, Malt Supper club – March 2015
- Opening DJ for Grace Barbe & Crucial Rockers. The Bird, Northbridge March 2015
- After spotting a gap in the music entertainment scene for the 30+ demographic in Perth, Osric started a new monthly event at the iconic Astor Theatre in Mount Lawley called Soulnation www.facebook.com/perthsoulnation. The night celebrates soul, funk, disco and boogie classics from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s and features London DJ’s as well as the occasional live band performance from Perth based soul funk bands.
I want to have a listen!
For large or recurring bookings, Osric is available for live DJ demos. Typically these last between 30minutes and 1 hour, giving you the best opportunity to hear and comment on the kind of DJ’ing style you would like. Alternatively you can hear some of his playlists at 8tracks or contact him for more information.
8 Tracks – www.8tracks.com/dj-osric